Young people usually stay for 6-24 months following which they are welcome to access ongoing support through the Lighthouse Outreach and Aftercare Program at any time.
There are ten Lighthouse homes in Melbourne and regional Victoria where young people are supported by live-in Carers as well as specialist therapeutic services including case management and psychological services.
Lighthouse cares for up to 40 young people in our homes and over 600 young people in our Outreach Program.
Lighthouse founder, Susan Barton AM, started caring for vulnerable and traumatised young people in her own home over 30 years ago, and developed the evidence to support her approach. In 1991 with the support of the business community, Lighthouse Foundation was officially formed to support and expand this work.
Our Vision: Ending youth homelessness together
Our Mission: To increase the availability of the Lighthouse Foundation’s Model of Care to homeless young people throughout Australia
Our Values: Respect – Courage - Kindness
• Is an attachment focussed and trauma informed organisation
• Over 600 young people have benefited from Lighthouse programs
• Each Lighthouse home is supported by a local volunteer committee who act as a community network for the young people. They support the young people and Carers in each of the homes and assist with informal mentoring, fundraising and home maintenance
• Non-denominational and independent
• Evidence based practice guides all aspects of the operations of Lighthouse Foundation
• Lighthouse is a pioneer and leader in combining long term accommodation with intensive therapeutic and support services
• A registered charity with ATO endorsement for all Tax Concessions
• Accredited to provide homeless services by the Quality Improvement Council Ltd (www.qic.org.au)
We seek your support. You might be an individual, corporate group or philanthropic organisation. Together, we can end youth homelessness in Australia.
ABN: 12 101 549 508